How to Plan a Trip to Ladakh in July- Everything you need to know!
July is the peak season for tourism in Ladakh and traveling during this month may offer you the best experience of your life. July is one of the best months to visit Ladakh. And if traveling to this ‘Land of High Passes’ is on your mind as well, then we have a comprehensive guide to help you plan a trip to Leh Ladakh in July.
On your visit, you will see people from all over the world that come to this land of adventures and try to gain the best of Ladakh. Among these, are bike riders, families, honeymoon couples, and tourist groups. If you fall under any of these categories, then keep reading to know how to plan for Ladakh in July, the weather conditions, what clothes to pack, how to travel by car/ bike, and some important things to remember on your trip.
Is Ladakh open in July?
Yes, Ladakh is unquestionably open in July. It is the peak season in Ladakh and all hotels, guest houses, and adventure activities can be enjoyed. The routes Manali - Leh, and Srinagar - Leh as well as internal roads including Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, and Tso Moriri are also open and accessible. So, finding bike rental, a place to stay and eat, and other essential services will not be an issue.
Is Ladakh safe for tourists in July 2021?
Yes, Ladakh in July is pretty safe for tourists. A huge influx of tourists can be seen living their dreams here. Just make sure to not enter the areas you are not supposed to and you will be fine. And
What Will Be the Weather and Temperature in Ladakh in July 2021?
July is the month of monsoon, and Ladakh is not hidden from it. During the daytime, the average temperature remains in the range of almost 21°C. And at night, it drops to almost 7°C. Therefore, you must wear warm clothes to protect yourself from the cold.
Talking about the rain, the valleys around Manali, Kashmir, and Lahaul receive moderate to intense level rainfall, which can cause landslides. When it comes to Ladakh, either there is little to no rainfall. Manali to Leh and Srinagar to Leh routes have high chances of rain and low chances on the top passes. If it does rain along the Ladakh routes, be prepared to get stuck for a few hours to even a day. To avoid this, travel to Ladakh in the first half of July. Also, be prepared for rain and carry a raincoat or fast-drying clothes with you.
If you are dreaming of seeing snow in Ladakh in July, then we are sorry to break this to you. By July all the snow melts away in Ladakh and is only limited to top passes like Baralacha La, Khardung La, and Rohtang (very little though!). Also, there will be no snow in Leh as well.
Clothes for Ladakh Trip in July
As it rains along the way and sometimes in Ladakh, here are some things you must carry for the July Ladakh trip -
- Rain gear
- Waterproof jacket
- Regular cotton clothes
- Light woolens
- Heavy windproof jacket
- Water-resistant gloves
- Thermal innerwear
Plan a Leh Ladakh Bike Trip in July
Preparing for a bike trip to Ladakh is a dream of many avid bikers. But while planning a trip to Leh Ladakh by bike in July, you must
Visiting Leh Ladakh Bike Trip in July? keep in mind a few things.
- Carry waterproof bags wrap them in plastic bags and then rope them on your motorcycle.
- Carry extra plastic bags or tarpaulin in case the other ones get destroyed.
- Keep your electronics, wallets, and other essential documents in plastic bags all the time.
- A rain suit and an umbrella in July is a must. You cannot ride the bike in wet clothes.
- Changing every time your clothes get wet is not practical. Therefore, wear waterproof shoes and clothes that dry faster and are
- light in weight.
- Get your bike checked for any repairs and ensure there are no issues that might cause a short circuit in rain.
- Make sure the tires of your bike are not worn out. If they do, replace them.
- While water crossing in Ladakh, wear rubber shoes to avoid slipping.
Traveling to Ladakh in July by Car
If you are planning for a family trip to Leh Ladakh, or a honeymoon by car, then here are some key points to remember -
- Make sure to not put any luggage on the roof of the car. It can get wet.
- Carry a small bag to carry all your essentials and important documents.
- Carry extra fuel with you. It will come in handy in emergencies.
- If you wish to keep our luggage on the roof, then wrap it up in plastic bags or tarpaulin.
- Take all papers, wallets, and electronic items out of the bags before you put them on top of the car.
Best Places to Visit in Ladakh in July
There are a lot of tourist places in Leh Ladakh and you can visit them all in July. All of them are open including Leh city, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, and Tso Moriri. And with proper permits, you can explore places in Ladakh like Hanle and Sham Valley.
Festivals to Celebrated in Ladakh in July
The colorful celebrations of life can be seen through the festivals of Ladakh. Saka Dawa (all over Ladakh), Sindhu Darshan Festival (Shay Manla), and Hemis Festival (Hemis Monastery) are few festivals in Ladakh in July celebrated with much enthusiasm.
Accommodation in Ladakh in July
Ladakh sees a huge number of Indian and international tourists and it is difficult to get hotels or guest houses then and there. Therefore, we suggest you book your accommodation in Ladakh in July well in advance to avoid any last-minute trouble.
Visiting Leh Ladakh in July? Follow These Travel Tips
- Due to Ladakh’s proximity to the India - China border, one requires a permit from the District Magistrate’s Office. This issued permit is not applicable for visiting Leh but other areas such as Pangong, Tso Moriri, and Nubra valley.
- Being at such an altitude and in new climatic conditions can lower your oxygen levels and cause altitude sickness. Therefore, it is very crucial to the causes, symptoms, precautions, medicines, and remedies to handle AMS in Ladakh.
- Rains can cause slush, especially on Manali - Leh Highway. Drive slowly and if you are crossing a nullah, first inspect and then move forward in one go. You can always ask for help if you get stuck anywhere.
- Rain can cause landslides and road blockage. So, keep buffer days in between to get maximum experience on the Ladakh trip.
- Do not rent a motorcycle in Ladakh in July in advance. Go there, take a test drive, and then book one.
- Gone are the days when Ladakh was only traveled by bikers. With tourist influx, the public transportation services have improved a lot and you can easily hire cabs, buses, and taxis from Manali or Leh and explore the region.
- While traveling with family in July, make sure to follow all the precautions and take good care of health to avoid any unnecessary problems.
Hope this Ladakh travel guide will guide you on your road trip to Ladakh in July. Take all the necessary measures, follow the routes, and you will have an unforgettable and safe journey in Ladakh.
- How to Prepare for Ladakh Trip
- Facilities in Ladakh
- Family Trip to Ladakh
- How and Where to Carry Spare Fuel
- Ladakh With Parents - Senior Citizens
- How to Carry Laptop
- ATM and Bank Facilities in Leh City
- Things to Carry for Ladakh Winter Trip
- Where & How to Rent an Oxygen Cylinder
- Ladakh in June
- Ladakh in May
- Ladakh in July
- Ladakh in September
- Ladakh in October
- Ladakh in August
- Ladakh in November
- Leh to Nubra Valley
- Delhi to Ladakh
- Bangalore to Ladakh
- Pangong Lake to Tso Moriri
- Travel from Manali to Leh
- Leh to Tso Moriri
- How to Travel to Pangong Tso
- How to Travel Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso via Wari
- Srinagar to Leh
- Leh to Khardung La
- Stay in Ladakh
- Rent a Bike in Ladakh
- Rent a Bike in Leh
- Rent a Bike in Srinagar
- Rent a Bike in Manali
- Mobile Phone Services in Ladakh
- Hotels on Manali Leh Highway
- Hotels on Srinagar Leh Highway
- Hotels Near Tso Moriri
- Hotels in Leh
- Hotels Near Pangong Lake
- Hotels in Nubra Valley
- Mountain Biking
- Leh Jeep Safari
- Adventure Sports
- Mountaineering in Ladakh
- Camping in Ladakh
- Buddhism in Ladakh
- Cuisine in Ladakh
- River Rafting in Ladakh
- History & Culture
- Shopping in Ladakh
- Trekking in Ladakh
- Wildlife in Ladakh
- Tips and Suggestions
- Ladakh in January
- Ladakh in December
- Clothes to carry for your Ladakh Trip
Trending Ladakh Tour Packages