How to Rent a Bike in Manali
A trip to Leh Ladakh is known to be the dream of many riders. Many people feel comfortable taking on the challenges of Leh-Ladakh on their bike but there are many reasons that steer people to rent a bike in Manali. There are two major routes that are followed by riders, one from Srinagar and the other from Manali.
Those who wish to travel from Manali to Leh, rent a bike from Manali. This gives them a chance to visit Spiti, Rohtang La, and Lahaul on the way. Moreover, the Manali route is highly challenging that excites riders a lot.
If you are planning on visiting Ladakh from Manali there are a lot of things you need to keep in mind. If you have been enquiring about “how to rent a bike in Manali” with the complete procedure and rate cards. Then this is the right place for you to be at.
Here is a complete guide with all the key information on "Bike Rental in Manali"
Which bike is best for a road trip?
There are several bikes that are capable of making the journey easy and memorable for the bikers. It is true when it's your bike because in terms of reliability, endurance, stability, mechanical condition, and fuel-efficiency, that the best option for the riders taking the route from Manali to Leh. But then there are people who want to cut short their tedious ride and only enjoy the best part of it. In that case, renting a bike in Manali sounds to be a good plan. Then another question that comes in front of the bikers is their option. Which bike to rent from Manali to Leh? There are a few parameters on which we can decide all this. First, how heavy the person is. How heavy a backpack does a person have? Is there any pillion or not? Keeping all these things and the extremely challenging roads in mind here are the bikes one can pick from.
- Royal Enfield Electra 500
- Royal Enfield Classic 350
- Royal Enfield Classic 500
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
- Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Apache 200 4v
- KTM Duke 250 KTM Duke 390
- KTM Duke 250 Adventure
Do keep all the things in mind before choosing a bike as the challenging road can be a bit difficult.
The procedure to rent a bike
Manali has a lot of people that rent bikes to travelers going to Rohtang, Spiti -Lahaul, and Leh. Travelers wanting to rent a bike for Leh just have to present their valid address proof, ID proof, and license. Post verification, there will be security money that has to be given to the company for deposit.
Post all these steps, take all the necessary documents including the permit for the Rohtang pass (If taking that route). Check the per hour charges of bikes and pick whichever fits the budget.
Cost to rent a bike in Manali
There are no fixed rates for any bikes on rent in Manali. One has to either check the official website of the company renting the bike or visit the store. Usually, the price ranges from 500 per hour to 1800 per hour, but this rate chart is subject to change anytime without any information. So it is advised to either connect with the companies having an online presence to pre-rent the bikes or get a quotation for the entire tentative time.
Make sure to negotiate a bit because that can save a good amount for you in the end. Many people think that renting a bike from Manali to Leh is a wise choice but that totally depends on the person making the decision.
What to check before renting a bike?
There is always going to be a difference in terms of durability, maneuvering, comfort, and mileage between your own bike and the one a person rents. Still, there are a few things that should be checked by a person during inspection before hiring the bike. It includes generic things like:
- Engine oil level in the bike.
- Clutch and brake wires and their lubrication.
- Brake pads (Front and back both)
- The condition of the tires.
- Condition of the chain including the lubrication.
Make sure that there are no honks or fog lamps put on from the aftermarket by the renting company. This is because if anything of this sort would be there, it might lead to a fine as loud honks are not allowed in any hilly areas. You might have to either take them off or give a fine at checkpoints.
Things you must carry during a bike trip
Those doing the bike from Manali to Leh for the first should carefully read this section because here are important things that have to be carried along.
- Keep all the important documents like Adhaar Card and license.
- Ask for a good riding helmet that comes with cheek and forehead pads from the renting company. It makes the ride better and grips the head better.
- Do not leave without riding gears such as elbow and knee guards.
- Keep a puncture kit in the backpack.
Tips to keep in mind before renting a bike in Manali for the Ladakh Trip
- Do check the condition of the bike during inspection for a pleasant ride.
- Also, if possible get a background check on the renting company. This gives an idea about their services and behavior with customers.
- Make sure there are no hidden charges and know the overhead charged during the breakdown.
- Do not compromise on your safety. Demand for a good helmet and riding gears. If the company executive denies having one either buy yourself or change the company.
- Make sure that the tires and brakes are in optimum condition. The roads on Manali to Leh highway are slippery and not maintained properly at some places. This increases the risk of slipping and hurting otherwise.
- Ask for the chain lubricant and engine oil in spare, for ‘just in case moments.
- Carry chocolates, a water bottle, some snacks, and medicines before leaving Manali.
- Take regular halts at places so that the body gets acclimatized according to the changing temperature, atmospheric pressure, and oxygen.
- Keep all your documents in the backpack and keep multiple photocopies of each of them.
- Keep a puncture kit in the backpack.
- Keep a written map in the backpack so that even when the networks are off, the maps can be used to track the right path.
- How to Prepare for Ladakh Trip
- Facilities in Ladakh
- Family Trip to Ladakh
- How and Where to Carry Spare Fuel
- Ladakh With Parents - Senior Citizens
- How to Carry Laptop
- ATM and Bank Facilities in Leh City
- Things to Carry for Ladakh Winter Trip
- Where & How to Rent an Oxygen Cylinder
- Ladakh in June
- Ladakh in May
- Ladakh in July
- Ladakh in September
- Ladakh in October
- Ladakh in August
- Ladakh in November
- Leh to Nubra Valley
- Delhi to Ladakh
- Bangalore to Ladakh
- Pangong Lake to Tso Moriri
- Travel from Manali to Leh
- Leh to Tso Moriri
- How to Travel to Pangong Tso
- How to Travel Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso via Wari
- Srinagar to Leh
- Leh to Khardung La
- Stay in Ladakh
- Rent a Bike in Ladakh
- Rent a Bike in Leh
- Rent a Bike in Srinagar
- Rent a Bike in Manali
- Mobile Phone Services in Ladakh
- Hotels on Manali Leh Highway
- Hotels on Srinagar Leh Highway
- Hotels Near Tso Moriri
- Hotels in Leh
- Hotels Near Pangong Lake
- Hotels in Nubra Valley
- Mountain Biking
- Leh Jeep Safari
- Adventure Sports
- Mountaineering in Ladakh
- Camping in Ladakh
- Buddhism in Ladakh
- Cuisine in Ladakh
- River Rafting in Ladakh
- History & Culture
- Shopping in Ladakh
- Trekking in Ladakh
- Wildlife in Ladakh
- Tips and Suggestions
- Ladakh in January
- Ladakh in December
- Clothes to carry for your Ladakh Trip
Trending Ladakh Tour Packages